Tuesday, December 4, 2007

Citizenship & Immigration Services...Can I hear a whoop whoop?



Brandon and I completed out I600A tonight! The I600A is a the Application for Advance Processing of Orphan Petition or, for those of you that do not speak Adoptese, the form we fill out to let Citizenship & Immigration Services know that we plan to adopt. Brando plans on mailing it out first thing tomorrow morning and even sealed it himself!



We also finished the remainder of our home study paperwork, excluding our medical visits (which are scheduled for this Friday). Once the medical visits are submitted, a social worker will be assigned and we'll schedule our home visits!!! So, hopefully by this Friday, our end of the first round of paperwork will be complete!

On a slightly more subdued, but just as positive note, I have to say that this has been a great experience for us so far. Answering the 16 pages of detailed questions about us, our families, marriage, parenting styles, etc. has been a great exercise. I was amazed at how similar some of our answers were and I teared up a few times reading through Brandon's, as I could see how much thought and love he put into it. More importantly, I could see how much that man loves me! I cannot wait to see what an amazing father he is going to be.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

WHOOP!! WHOOP!!

I am the first!! Another WHOOP!!

Hey I've got something better for you! A 5yr old and a 2yr old! Both boys!! For FREE!! NO Paperwork and I will ship them out tomorrow!! LOL
Anyway love to read your blogs and can't wait to meet the new toads! love both of ya!!
Jamie