Friday, August 1, 2008

A change in direction?

After quite a bit of communication with our agency, and of course with each other and our families, we have decided that a request for young siblings may be a very long and difficult wait and the need may simply not be there. We made the decision a few months ago that if we did not receive a match for siblings by the beginning of August, we would change our request to siblings OR a single child. Since we are at the top of our agency's waiting list, this most likely means the referral of a single child.

Brandon and I are both at peace with this decision and can't wait to have a family...whether we have one Ethiopian child, two Ethiopian children, or maybe even 20 (ok, maybe not), we know that whatever happens will be our path and I think we are comfortable in that.

Now, where is that referral? :)

Questions? Comments? Referrals to give?

5 comments:

Meredith said...

Hi there! Glad to find your blog! How exciting that you're that close to a referral. We are much further down the list (somewhere in the 20's) so we still have a few months to go. Hope you hear good news very soon! I look forward to following the rest of your story!

Czarnecki Family said...

Oh I hope it's soon! You've waited so long!
-Meghan

whatever_heather said...

I hope you hear some news soon!
:)

Anonymous said...

Sunshine!!!! I need to see a baby!! I hope for you and Brandos sake that this change brings you great news, very soon!! Love ya!
Jamie

Kerry said...

Your story sounds so much like ours!!! And the result was identical. Twin boys are so much fun I promise!!!!! I cannot wait for you to post their picture!!!!!