Saturday, November 10, 2007

A bit about me...


I am an archaeologist.

Wikipedia defines archaeology as:

Archaeology, archeology, or archæology (from Greek: αρχαίος, archaios, combining form in Latin archae-, "ancient"; and λόγος, logos, "knowledge") is the science that studies human cultures through the recovery, documentation and analysis of material remains and environmental data, including architecture, artifacts, features, biofacts, and landscapes. Because archaeology's aim is to understand humankind, it is a humanistic endeavor[1].

But in reality, it looks something like this:



Not as cool as Wikipedia makes it sound....is it?

Well, in a nut shell, I work for the U.S. Government, so I get paid to review all energy projects in the northwest, dig things up, and then write about them.

The pic above is me last Friday....hard at work, sitting in the woods, recording a historic can dump...Simply fascinating!

No comments: