Monday, November 26, 2007

Jamie just cussed me out for not posting for a while, so here goes!


There really isn't much new on the adoption front. Still tackling the initial massive amount of paperwork! We have been meeting with quite a few people that have adopted from Ethiopia and/or are in the process of doing so. Just last night we had dinner with a family that adopted twin baby boys about 2 years ago. They were seriously the most joyful and adorable little guys I have ever seen! This Friday we are going to an Ethiopian dinner with a whole group of adoptive and prospective adoptive parents. We'll have good food, dance, etc. It is exciting making new friends and every day we get more and more anxious to have some little guys of our own running around this house!

On a little bit different front, when Brando and I talk about the adoption and our children, we always speak in twos. I think we are both picturing adopting 2 children at once. We always talk about "the twins" or "the kids", never "the baby"...Tonight I mentioned that maybe we need to explore this further and maybe request that we receive 2 children, twins or young siblings, and not only 1 infant.......Hmmm Can we handle that? I hope so!!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Thank you! It is always nice to hear the progress. I am so happy for you guys! take care love ya jamie