Tuesday, October 23, 2007

On our way to becoming an Enat and Abat!


The pic is the two of us outside of our agency, getting ready to submit our application materials! I know, we are dorky, but also just so excited to finally get started on the process. I took the day off work to devote to finalizing the application, notarizing the contract, etc. We submitted it around 3pm.

In case you are wondering (Mom), the application materials included the following:

International Adoption Services Contract, signed and notarized
4x6 Photos of us and our home
Copies of our last 3 years' Federal Income tax Returns
List of 5 non-relative references
The application fee


Later that night, we had dinner at the farm for Megan's birthday. Megan and Kris were so great! The first thing Kris did when I walked into the house was put down what she was working on, walk over, give me a hug and ask if I was "expecting". So sweet! Megan was similarly excited and it made me feel so good to see they were genuinely happy for us.

Today has been a great day!


No comments: