Wednesday, October 24, 2007

Our application has been approved!


Seriously? In less than 5 business hours??? At this rate we'll have a family by the weekend!

I am figuring if we submitted around 3 pm and they called us around 11am the next day, it only took them 5 business hours to realize we were great candidates....wonderful for our egos, but setting a bad pattern when we know we have a long road ahead :)


Brando spent the day home today, and Sharon from Holt called around 11am to let us know that they have approved our application and will be forwarding on some paperwork that is needed to get started on our home study. Also, she wanted to schedule us in for some adoptive parenting classes coming up.

When Brando called me at work to tell me I squealed and got all teary eyed (this is going to be a long road...). Jenna and Nicole (my co-workers) rushed right over and Jenna even had tears in her eyes. We did the whole girly thing, I called my mom, e-mailed friends, and I was not able to focus on work the remainder of the day.

When I got home that night, Brando had dinner waiting and we crawled in the hot tub with a bottle of wine we have been saving for quite some time.

Another great day! I could get used to this...