Monday, February 4, 2008

We are Officially Paper Pregnant!

This means that our dossier is complete and all of our papers are in order! We are heading to Yakima this Friday to be fingerprinted and then we'll eventually receive our 171H, but then we'll just have to wait for the referral for our children!!!!!

After what feels like years (but was really only 3 months) of paper-chasing, legwork, government appointments, phone calls, parenthood classes, workshops, seminars, and home study visits we can finally sit back, relax, and wait!

I think the sitting back and relaxing will now be the hard part. My mind races with all the possibilities of our children; I wonder what they will look like? What their laughter will sound like? What will their personalities be like? I think about the memories we'll make - trips to our cabin in Montana, weekends at the family beach house, little every day things like watching their father dance around our living room in the mornings...I've been waiting for hours, but it already feels too long, and I have quite a bit of waiting ahead of me!

4 comments:

Our journey to Ethiopia said...

I ran across your blog and seen that your agency is Holt. We are also adopting from Holt, and it looks like we are about at the same timeline. We have been waiting for a referral for 2 weeks. Where are you from? We live in Spokane. It would be great to hear from another couple that is experiencing some of the same things. Feel free to email me at wadeleanne@comcast.net. Congratulations on getting your paperwork done.
Leanne

Anonymous said...

aaawww! I almost got teary eyed sunshine! That is so cool. I can't wait to get to meet them! take care and love ya!
jamie

Anonymous said...

Hi Sunshine - LOVE hearing all the updates. I have been thinking of you and Brando. You two are amazing people.

Take care and see you soon.

Love, Ing

Anonymous said...

I can hardly tell that you're pregnant sweety!

Love you!