Saturday, April 26, 2008

We received our I-171H

On Tuesday! Yup, I have been a very bad blogger! Brando and I took a little trip to Montana again and we just got back on Tuesday evening to find it in our huge stack of mail.

For those of you wondering what the heck an I-171H, it is the final piece of paperwork from the Department of Homeland Security stating that we have been approved to adopt! Officially, it is our "Notice of favorable determination concerning the application for advance processing of Orphan petition". Wow! Who wouldn't understand that one?

So, as you guessed, we are still waiting "patiently". I think because we don't know the ages, gender, etc. of our children, it makes this whole process very hard for me. I am a planner and a dreamer and I don't even know if I need 2 cribs, or a crib and a toddler bed, etc. so nesting and baby shopping isn't really an option. Brandon, of course, it taking it all in stride. He is very excited, but patient and calm at the same time. Hmmph!

4 comments:

whatever_heather said...

The men are always so stoic, making us look even more insane. Adam was the same way when we were waiting...and I was a basketcase.
Just give in to the insanity!
It's inevitable. THEN the fun (and shopping) starts!

Anonymous said...

Glad to see some more blogging!So is there any time frame that they will give you?? I can't wait! Are you definitely getting 2 boys? Hope the wait is short for you! love ya!
jamie

Lori said...

I'm a nester too and we were in the same position of not knowing how to plan, as we were open both to either gender and twins. It eventually comes together though. Our boy is still sleeping in a pack-n-play and couldn't be happier there. Eventually, we'll around to getting that room ready. For now, he couldn't care less :)

Unknown said...

Congrats! I stalked the mailbox daily for SO long!! I found your blog from the yahoo group...we are fellow Oregonians residing in the W. Valley.