Tuesday, May 13, 2008

I am a horrible blogger...

Man! It sure has been a long time since I've blogged! So, what have I been up to? I'll list a few highlights below...

Wednesday, April 30th - We met up with 4 other Portland area families that are adopting from Ethiopia via our agency. We met at a nice Ethiopian restaurant in north Portland and had a great meal. The owners were so warm and welcoming and offered to have us back as soon as our children come home to celebrate.

Thursday, May 1st - I had all 4 wisdom teeth removed! Seriously, NOT FUN! I had them put me out, but I was still pretty terrified and it was pretty painful.

Friday-Monday, May 2-5th - Ate my own body weight in sorbet and had my husband wait on me hand and foot.....Hmmm......maybe I can find a few more teeth to have removed...

Saturday, May 10th - We attended our first "waiting families" get-together. This an event our agency sponsors where families in all phases of international adoption and in all countries get together and mingle. It offers sort of a support group, if you will, of people who know what it feels like to be waiting what seems like an eternity to bring a child home. The meeting was pretty fun, and we got to see a slide show of a recent visit to Ethiopia by our agency Ethiopia Program Director that included quite a few pics of beautiful little Ethiopian children!!!

Finally, Sunday, Mothers Day - I'll include a separate post about how great this day turned out!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

whooo whoooo!! I am so glad to get to read a blog!! Even if it is about not much of anything! lol take care and I look forward to reading the next blog! love ya!
jamie

Anonymous said...

I am so happy to see you blogging again. I miss reading your humorous updates!

Jody