Thursday, May 15, 2008

Mother's Day

First of all, a shout out to my Mommy!!! I hate having to be so far away from you on your day, but know you are in my thoughts and I love you oodles and oodles and bunches of gobs!

As for me, I honestly never gave a thought to Mother's Day this year as it pertained to me. I didn't feel sad to not be a mom and didn't even think about that fact that I am a mother-to-be, so I wasn't expecting any attention from anyone, let alone everyone!

To start with, Brandon and I joined his family at their family beach house for the weekend. When I woke up and stumbled upstairs on Sunday morning, my father-in-law told me that he had a gift for me....the gift was a beautiful silver bracelet and one of the sweetest notes ever letting me know that even thought I am not a mother quite yet, he knows my children are somewhere waiting for me and that I'll be a great mom.....AWWWW!

Then, my sister-in-law gave me a great book with guides to being a mom in the Portland area and a very sweet card.

Finally, my sweet sweet hubby gave me a book for our children called "Happy Adoption Day" and the most adorable little wooden train set!!!!

I am so lucky to have added this family on to my own and our children are even luckier to grow up with such great family!!!

Here are a few pics of my loot :)




No comments: