Thursday, October 23, 2008

Happy Birthday to my Boys!!!

So, Sunshine has wanted me to post on her blog for a while now and I couldn't think of a better day than today...she's at work and doesn't know that I'm posting.
Today our boys are turning one and it's incredibly hard to miss this huge milestone. Since receiving our referral we have been thinking positively and hoping we would have traveled by now...very unrealistic but that was our hope. Now we just hope to travel by the end of the year (but that's not looking so promising either :-(). While the boys aren't with us we have still been celebrating with friends and family. A couple of nights ago we had a birthday party for "the Brothers" at Micah's house. Throughout the adoption process we have made so many new friends and it has been wonderful how supportive everyone is. Tonight, we are having a 30th birthday party for my sister who now has to share the date with her nephews...I don't think she minds. In fact, Megan, my nephews, and I are going to get some bday presents in a few minutes...I'm a major procrastinator.

Since today is my first post, I thought I better take a few pics for Sunshine's Blog:
A wide angle shot of the Boy's Room

Closet space is at a premium these days

Despite what you think, one crib is for the boys to share and the other is for our cat Kootenai

Our scary Halloween decoration....BUMPERS

A birthday gift to N. from Jody's Family
There is nothing wrong with boys playing with dolls. At least Franky my CHILDHOOD cabbage patch friend doesn't think so!

A rockin' moose from Grandma Clark

In order to eat supper at the table with our boys every night we needed to get some new chairs...for us too!

Sunshine decided we need two Injera baskets at the Holt Ethiopian Auction...I don't know how we ever managed without them!
This shot is for our social worker/friend. While not quite finished, our house looks MUCH better equipped than last time you were here.
An Alligator

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

First, I would have to say that Brandon you are awesome!! I can't wait for more news! It is hard to keep up with you guys cause we are still in the camper and I don't have my interenet hooked up in there. So sorry for not keeping up as much as I have in the past. I can't wait to see you in a couple weeks!!

Happy Birthday Baby Schmitds?!!!!! I cant wait to meet you and show you a few things!! LOL or muaaahaaahaaa!!

I hope things are going well for you two and that your wait is short!! I love you guys!!
jamie toad

Meredith said...

Happy Birthday to your little guys! I love that bedding in the nursery - so cute. Hope the time flies until they're both in your arms!

Christina said...

Happy birthday to your boys!

Just thought I'd share that our son Dinkeneh has a "quack woobie," a.k.a. the duck version of the alligator rattle. He adores it, and after 8 months it is still a favorite.

Here's hoping you hear about travel very soon!

Kerry said...

I am just going crazy waiting to see pictures of your little boys. The room is so cute!! I love the moose.
I hope this wait is very short. I remember how difficult it was. Actually it was more like torture if you ask me.

Happy birthday 1st to the twins

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday to your little guys..! love that baby bedding.

Selah said...

All you need are your babies now:) Everything looks great and next year it will be so fun having them at the pumpkin patch:) I know you must be aching each day and I hope this times can pass quickly. Take care and hope to see you both soon.

KImberly

Heather said...

Happy Birthday to your boys!!!! Oh my gosh, I'm so jealous that you're going to have twins! I will be following along with your blog. I cannot wait 'til you get to bring them home and post all about them. Wish you guys lived near us. We can't find anyone in our area adopting from Ethiopia through Holt! Seems like you've been getting together with other adoptive families quite a bit. How fun!

Your house is so gorgeous by the way. LOVE the nursery photos.

Alisa said...

You did a fantastic job on your nursery. Your boys are so blessed to have you!