Saturday, January 12, 2008

Baby & Toddler Care


We had another parenting class this weekend. This class was optional and was put on by NAFA (Northwest Adoptive Families Association). It was a day-long course on baby and toddler care. The class covered development, care, feeding, etc. and was pretty helpful all around.

I think the best part of the class was watching Brando carry around 2 babies all day. We started out with one African baby girl and then added a Caucasian boy a few hours into the class. (They were dolls, by the way). We decided that since we are hoping to adopt 2, that we should "practice" with 2 as well. Brando was so cute, he kept reminding me to change the diapers, and even made me use new diapers, although I am pretty sure that the plastic dolls didn't dirty the previous ones....oh ya, and he dressed the 2nd baby away from me, so I didn't know we had a boy until the end of the day when I had to change his diaper- what a brat!

Another nice part of the class was that they had dozens of baby carriers to choose from - slings, wraps, packs, etc., so we had the chance to wear a few for a while and decide which ones fit us best.

Better rush off to bed, it will be an early morning as Brando's uncle and parents are coming over to work on the house and help us prepare for our home study on Monday am!!!!!!

No comments: