Sunday, January 6, 2008

Never again!


Never again will I spend 3 hours in Babies R Us!!!!!

My good friend Abbey is expecting her first child (a boy) in less than a month. I volunteered, along with another friend, Robyn, to help her register. WHEW! As this is her first child, and Robyn and I have not had children yet, we were extremely out of our element. After staring at nipple pads, breast pumps, and over-priced baby gadgets for way too long, we were more than happy to leave that store! The good thing was Abbey is very simple and opted to not buy the 137 different options for mattress pads, mattress covers, mattress protectors , etc. I think we both about melted down when faced with 4 isles of mattress accessories....what ever happened to putting the baby in a nice, clean, dresser drawer? Just kidding..well, kind of :)

It made me realize though, that when the time comes for me to register, I will follow my sister-in-law and mother of three's advice and break the trip into a few visits. I am also going to trick her into helping me :)

No comments: