Thursday, January 10, 2008

Updates


Sorry for the delay in updates...I have been working long days and struggling with quite a few headaches, so the computer was the last place I wanted to be at the end of the day!

OK, Home study update first! First of all, we LOVE our social worker! Brandon, of course, was not nervous, at all, but I was pacing, butterflies, etc. She immediately put us at ease and it just felt like we were sitting there talking to a friend about our lives and adoption plans. We didn't really cover any heavy or rough topics, just brief questions about ourselves and our families. I did, however, let her know that we definitely wanted to adopt 2 siblings, and she is checking in on that with the Ethiopia Program Coordinator, amongst a few other little details. Hopefully we'll have some answers by this coming Monday when we have our final home visit!

We also celebrated Gena that evening. That day, Brando and I made a trip to the Merkato Ethiopia to get some fresh injera and a few other ingredients we needed for the meal. The young woman working was so sweet and told us how her whole family was back home celebrating Gena in Ethiopia. She helped us with the spices, etc. (which were not labeled) and even laughed at me when the language barrier caused me to suggest putting incense in my coffee. :)

The meal was wonderful, if I do say so myself. I think his family tolerated it alright (I am not sure they are too adventurous when it comes to food, but they tried...) We also exchanged gifts, and we received our first new baby presents. It felt so weird to be handed a PB Kids box...weird, but exciting!

My wonderful mother, although she couldn't make the trip from Montana to Oregon to help us celebrate, send along a sweet little package....a pair of jeans I used to wear as a baby and my "mother's helper" apron I loved so much as a child. Thanks Mom! It brought me to tears.

We did, of course, take pictures, but Brando is busy working on a different photo set, so I'll have him help me once he gets a few minutes and I'll update the post when complete.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

thank you! Like I always say I love to read these! They make me happy! take care and don't worry about the 4 rows of mattress things! Dresser drawers work wonders! And even totes! lol
love ya
jamie